Nov 25, 2010

Finger Paints Strawberry Shake

Hi all!

How are you all today? I'm feeling better but I do still have a little bit of a headache though. No more houseparty, so hopefully I will be all better tomorrow! Today I have a polish for you that I bought from a very kind MUA'er: Finger Paints Strawberry Shake. I have to stop buying these kind of polishes. I'm sure I have about 40 of these licht pinkish colors that I don't wear too often.. Well, back to the post and on to the pictures!



Finger Paints Strawberry Shake, four (4!!) coats in daylight. Oh my, four coats. And still not completely covering up my nail line. Strawberry Shake is a light pink shimmery polish, which looks lovely in the bottle and probably lovely on a lot of other ladies as well, but I'm kinda "meh" about it. I have a lot of these pink polishes that truly look lovely in the bottle, but I'm just not feeling it lately. The fact that this one needs at least four coats, isn't helping either. Application was not so good. As you can see in the pictures, I had issues with bubbles. Lots of bubbles. Even Nubar Diamont couldn't eliminate them, so I had to figure out another way to get rid of them.


I decided to do a Ruffian inspired mani! Don't be to harsh on me, it's only my first try! I think it looks kinda hot! The basecolor should be another color, but this concept is pretty. I didn't expect to like this as much as I do. I used Orly Iron Butterfly on top of Strawberry Shake. I tend to use Iron Butterfly a lot, it already shows usage!

Do you have polishes that look pretty in the bottle, but not so good on the nails? And do you have the same issue with buyin a lot of these polishes, just like I do? I will pay more attention when I'm shopping online to what I'm buying lol. How do you like these kind of manicures, the so called Ruffian (inspired) mani's?

Thanks for stopping by!